My photo does not look too good, but the soup is DELICIOUS.
We had some friends and their children over for supper and I served this carrot soup at the beginning of the meal. All the adults liked the soup and the kids that tried the soup also liked it. There was a sweet little girl who couldn’t have enough of it. She asked for seconds. It is that good 🙂 !
This soup is rich in:
- Many minerals (manganese, copper, potassium, phosphorus), vitamins (biotin, B6, C, B1, folate), and fiber from onion
- Manganese and vitamin B6 from garlic, in addition to garlic’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral roles
- Vitamins A, B6, C, K, fiber, biotin, and potassium from carrots
- Fiber and vitamin C from apples
- Healthy fats from coconut milk
- Anti-inflammatory compounds from ginger
- Turmeric (anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer compound) from curry powder
- Antioxidants from nutmeg
What is your family’s favourite soup that they request over and over again?
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 apple, cored
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Chop coarsely onions, garlic, carrots, and apples and put them in a big pot.
- Add coconut milk and broth.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Add spices (ginger, curry, nutmeg, and salt).
- Turn the heat down and simmer on low until the vegetables are tender.
- Let the soup cool off a little and blend everything in the food processor until smooth.
- Serve the soup warm.