Tasty and Healthy Smoothies Camp (5-10 year olds)
Let’s learn new skills in the kitchen, practice old skills and have loads of fun while learning about nutrition and how to keep our bodies healthy and happy.
- Let’s learn how to make easy, yummy and healthy smoothies that you can make at home and amaze your loved ones (especially your mom) with your newly acquired kitchen skills.
- Let’s try new foods and let’s be a bit less picky today than we were yesterday.
- Let’s find foods you have never tried before, but that will become your new favourites.
What we do during the camp:
- Make healthy and yummy smoothie recipes (NO processed ingredients; ONLY wholesome ingredients)
- Practice old kitchen skills and learn new ones (if the recipes require knives, the children will be allowed to use them)
- Share the food we made with each other
- Read a book on healthy eating and talk about nutrition
- Outdoor fun break
- Try an unfamiliar food and talk about it
- Make a fun craft
- Take leftovers, recipes, info sheets and worksheets home
Who am I?
I am a mother of two (a 5-year old girl and a 8-year old boy), a wife and a Holistic Nutritional Consultant. I also have a medical degree from Romania and an MSc in Biochemistry from the University of Saskatchewan.
I love green tea, chocolate and binge watching Netflix with my husband after the kids go to bed.
Petra Fitzpatrick will join me to help teaching your child about healthy food and healthy living.
Petra is a mother of two (5-year old and 8-year old girls), a wife and qualified Early Development Supervisor. She also completed a 4-year education as a state certified kindergarten teacher in Germany. She likes to sing, ballroom dance and spending time with her friends (especially with Alina 🙂 ).
Both of us have police clearance.
Alina has a food handling safety certificate.
Petra has a first aid certificate.
Wednesday, August 15| 10:00 am -1:00 pm (3 hours)
Where: Silver Springs Community Association (5720 Silver Ridge Dr NW, Calgary, T3B 5E5).
There is plenty of free parking in front and behind the building, and on the street.
Price: $65 per child. If two children sign up together, there will be a $10 discount applied.
We are limiting the class size to 10 so that the children practice many kitchen skills and receive a lot of attention from both Alina and Petra.
Charity: A portion of your child’s cooking class fee will be donated to Brown Bagging for Calgary’s Kids.
Here’s how much fun we had while we learned how to make delicious and healthy recipes during past cooking classes: