I mentioned to you before that I did not learn how to cook and bake until my mid-twenties. My mother and my grand-mother did all the cooking for me when I was still living in Romania. Now, thinking back on it, I can’t believe how lucky I was …
How the circumstances have changed since then! Over time I challenged myself to learn to cook and bake. And surprisingly, I now love spending time in the kitchen as I find it very comforting and relaxing.
Most of the recipes from my site are easy and quick. This Crunchy Egg Salad is one of them. It does not require many cooking skills. It requires chopping of celery and radishes, boiling of eggs, and mixing everything with mayonnaise and mustard. Even without experience in the kitchen, you can definitely make this Crunchy Egg Salad and the result will make you and your family happy.
This Crunchy Egg Salad is rich in:
- Proteins and healthy fats from eggs
- Vitamins (B5, K, folate), minerals (potassium, molybdenum, manganese), and fiber from celery
- Vitamin C, potassium, folate, and fiber from radishes
- Vitamin E and healthy fats from olive oil (I make my own mayo using olive oil and eggs)
The Crunchy Egg Salad is great for lunch or as a snack. Spread it on toast, on crackers, or in a wrap. It will keep you and your family satisfied for a long time.
- 4 eggs, boiled and chopped small
- 1 celery stalk, chopped very small
- 2 radishes, chopped very small
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- red onion - optional
- chili flakes - optional
- Mix everything in a medium-sized bowl. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Serve.
- Do you want to add more nutrition, crunch, and flavour to the Crunchy Egg Salad? Chop some red onion and mix it in.
- My husband likes to sprinkle his Crunchy Egg Salad with chili flakes for a spicy kick.
If you are looking for something that is quick, nutritious, and delicious to make, this Crunchy Egg Salad is your winning ticket.
Are you looking for more quick and easy recipes? Most of my recipes are very easy to make. Here are two of them that can be done in less than 30 minutes:
What is your favourite quick recipe that your whole family loves?