I made this salad for a potluck and it completed the other delicious appetizers very nicely. The salad has a fresh and flavourful taste. You can serve this salad with coconut tofu chocolate pudding and you have a light and delicious summer dinner.
This salad is rich in:
- Proteins, molybdenum, folate, copper, fiber, and manganese from beans
- Vitamins K and B5 from cucumber
- Vitamins A, B3, B6, C, E, K, biotin, folate, copper, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, and fiber from tomatoes
- Many minerals (manganese, copper, potassium, phosphorus), vitamins (biotin, B6, C, B1, folate), and fiber from red onion
- Vitamin E and healthy fats from olive oil
- Vitamin C from lemon juice
- Manganese and vitamin B6 from garlic, in addition to garlic’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral roles
- Minerals from sea salt
- Manganese, vitamin K, copper, and fiber from black pepper
- Vitamins K, A, and C, manganese, copper from basil
Three Bean Summery Salad
Makes 5 big servings
1 can (540 ml) white kidney beans
1 can (398 ml) pinto beans
1 can (398 ml) red kidney beans
1 ½ cup cucumber, cubed
1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
¼ cup red onion, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 big garlic cloves
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
8 basil leaves, finely chopped
Put the beans, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion in a big bowl.
Make the dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients. Add the basil and mix well gently. Serve cold.
This salad keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What is your favourite bean salad that you make over and over again?
Source of nutritional information: