Do you remember last week when I shared with you the Melt-in-your-Mouth Pumpkin Custard? This week I decided to make a no-bake and very quick version of it. Of course, I had to add some raw cocoa because everything tastes so much better when chocolate is involved. Since this pudding is no-bake, no eggs are involved.
The no-bake chocolate pumpkin pudding is very smooth and rich. It can even be used as a dip for fruit or as a topping on muffins.
Chances are that you have all the ingredients that the recipe requires on hand. If you have no chia seeds, add hemp seeds or ground flax seeds instead. So go quickly and make the no-bake chocolate pumpkin pudding for dessert tonight!
This no-bake chocolate pumpkin pudding is rich in:
- Fiber, vitamins A and K, and minerals (iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, copper) from pumpkin
- Healthy fats from coconut milk
- Healthy fats, fiber, protein, manganese, phosphorus, and calcium from chia seeds
- Fiber and minerals (copper, manganese, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus) from raw cacao
- Manganese and zinc from maple syrup
- Manganese, calcium, and fiber from cinnamon
- Anti-inflammatory compounds from ginger
- Antioxidants from nutmeg
No-Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Pudding
1 cup pumpkin purée
200 ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
4 tablespoons raw cacao
5 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
coconut cream – optional topping
Blend all the ingredients in a blender or in a food processor until the pudding becomes very smooth. Pour into 3 bowls and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Serve garnished with coconut cream. Add some sprinkles on top for a festive effect.
Are you and your family still enjoying eating pumpkin? What is your latest recipe with pumpkin?