I created this chocolate avocado frosting to go with these great cupcakes. They complement each other very well.
This frosting is rich in:
- Healthy fats from avocado and coconut oil
- Antioxidants from raw cacao
- Manganese and zinc from maple syrup
- Manganese, fiber, and calcium from cinnamon
- 2 medium-sized avocados
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 3-6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- Mix everything (except maple syrup) in the food processor until creamy. Add maple syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the frosting has the desired sweetness.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Spread frosting over the cupcakes and sprinkle coconut flakes and colored sprinkles on top.
Note: Please read here if you would like to know more about raw cacao.
What is your child’s favourite frosting? Does it have vanilla, chocolate, or both?
Source of nutritional information: