This is another recipe that I have been making for years and we never tire of it. The Quick One-Pot Colorful Vegetarian Chili is rich in fiber and it is very pretty to look at. Dump all the ingredients in a big pot and in 30 minutes you have a delicious meal to share with your whole family.
You can adjust the spiciness of this vegetarian chili according to the taste buds of your child, yourself, and the other people in your household. I add a little bit of chili powder for me and the kids. If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you can probably guess that my husband likes to add extra chili flakes to his portion. Everybody is happy!
This Vegetarian Chili is rich in:
- Vitamins (K, B1, C, folate), minerals (manganese, copper, phosphorus), and fiber from green peas
- Vitamins (B3, B5, B6), fiber, and minerals (phosphorus, manganese) from corn
- Fiber, iron, calcium, and protein from beans
- Vitamins (A, B3, B6, C, E, K, biotin, and folate), minerals (copper, potassium, manganese, and phosphorus), and fiber from tomatoes
- 3 cups green peas (frozen or fresh)
- 3 cups corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1 can bean medley
- 300 ml pureed tomatoes
- chili powder - to taste
- Add all the ingredients in a big pot, bring to a boil, turn the heat down, and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste the vegetarian chili and add more chili powder if you want a little bit of kick.
- Serve over cooked rice.