My whole family (4-year-old daughter, 7-year-old son, husband, and myself) enjoy eating this delicious Coconut Curry Chicken Egg Tart for breakfast usually. Of course, this Coconut Curry Chicken Egg Tart is also a great lunch or a dinner meal. We use it as a snack too . Can you tell how versatile this recipe is?
I go through all the recipe steps, except baking, the night before. I store the baking dish in the fridge overnight and in the morning I take it out of the fridge while the oven is warming up, then I pop it in the oven. In one hour we have a great breakfast on the table.
Maybe this might seem to be a weird meal to serve in the morning, but I tend to do this often as many breakfasts (cereal, pancakes, etc.) are usually sugary. Less sugar (and more healthy fats and proteins) is a healthier way to start the day.
The Coconut Curry Chicken egg Tart requires a big bowl to mix all the ingredients in, a mixer or a food processor, and an oven dish to bake the tart in. It is quite fast to make (in 15 minutes everything can be mixed and poured into the oven dish). However, make sure you have one hour to wait for it to bake in the oven.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can re-heat the tart or eat it cold. Yummy either way!
Do you have a picky eater? I think they will enjoy this tart. When you make it, I would love to know how it turned out for you and your family.
This tart is rich in:
- proteins and healthy fats from the eggs
- protein and iron from the ground chicken
- healthy fats from the coconut milk and oil
- manganese and vitamin B6 from garlic, in addition to garlic’s anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral roles
- vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, and iron from parsley
- turmeric (anti-inflammatory role) from curry powder
- trace minerals from sea salt
- manganese, vitamin K, copper, fiber from black pepper
- 10 eggs
- 500 g ground chicken - any ground meat works
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted over low heat
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup packed parsley, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Accompaniments: tomato, avocado, green onions, yogurt or sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat 5 eggs with a hand mixer in a big bowl (or use a food processor). Add the meat and mix again. Add, one at a time, while mixing after adding each ingredient, the rest of the ingredients, starting with the other 5 eggs.
- Pour everything in a greased 11x15" baking dish.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in a convection oven until the tart is lightly browned on top.
- Serve with tomato slices, avocado slices, and green onions.
- You can add a dollop of yogurt or sour cream on top if dairy is not an issue.
What do you think? Would you eat this Coconut Curry Chicken Egg Tart for breakfast ?
Source of nutritional information: